In The Press
Port city project will resume under new agreement
The Government says the port city project at Galle Face will resume under a new agreement following an environmental assessment. State Minister Sujeewa Senasinghe said that the port city project deal is being renegotiated with China to ensure it meets the best interest of Sri Lanka. He said that the Government will sign more trade deals with China and also with India.
However he said Sri Lanka will not allow its soil to be used for military purposes against another country.
"We will not stop any projects. We will review them and resume them. In the port city project we will eliminate any corruption involved and resume the project," he said.
Senasinghe said that the Government will also have fresh deals with Korea to give employment opportunities for Sri Lankans in Korea.
The Government will also invite investors to setup projects in Sri Lanka under a clean and transparent agreement.
- Ranil determined despite looming external shocks
- Taking a break
- Port City facilitates workshop to improve fisher folk’s income
- Fast-changing Colombo landscape
- Science is the best outpost for attack or defense Port City Project
- MPs on inspection tour of Port City site and dredger
- Extra land for public use
- Parliament approves several orders under Strategic Development Projects Act:To grant tax exemptions to Port City Project
- New Laws for Port City – Malik Samarawickrama
- Economists, Experts Air Their Views : Port City Project
- Colombo Financial City Project: NO IMPACT ON FISHERIES INDUSTRY: NARA
- Marine life not affected by Port City Project
- Colombo Int’l Financial City work in progress
- Tax exemptions for CHEC Port City project
- Prime Minister endorses Port City
- Mark Mobius shares his mantra for Sri Lanka
- SL contemplates standby agreement with IMF-PM
- Western Region Megapolis Plan to be unveiled in Jan 2016
- Sri Lanka's Prime Minister shows green light for port city after long haul back
- Port City To Be Expanded
- Port city project will resume under new agreement
- China, India and Hong Kong top investors in Sri Lankan real estate- Lamudi