In The Press
Prime Minister endorses Port City
Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe yesterday said that Sri Lanka will have "unique financial and business district" in Colombo when the stalled Chinese funded Colombo Port City project resumes.
"Hopefully if the Port City project gets underway - there will be some sort of landfill there - that could have the makings of a special financial and business district which will be a unique one in South Asia," Wickremesinghe said addressing an event held to mark the 30th anniversary of the Colombo Stock Exchange (CSE).
The controversial project which commenced under the last regime ran into troubled waters as the then opposition and activists questioned the viability.
Following the January 8 election the project was put on hold until additional assessments were conducted and approval given by the previous government were re-evaluated.
Further the government this week announced that the supplementary Environmental Impact Assessment study of the project has been submitted to Coast Conservation and Coastal Resource Management Department.
The report is accessible for the public in 11 different government institutions, where the public can study the report and make submissions within 30 days from December 1.
- Ranil determined despite looming external shocks
- Taking a break
- Port City facilitates workshop to improve fisher folk’s income
- Fast-changing Colombo landscape
- Science is the best outpost for attack or defense Port City Project
- MPs on inspection tour of Port City site and dredger
- Extra land for public use
- Parliament approves several orders under Strategic Development Projects Act:To grant tax exemptions to Port City Project
- New Laws for Port City – Malik Samarawickrama
- Economists, Experts Air Their Views : Port City Project
- Colombo Financial City Project: NO IMPACT ON FISHERIES INDUSTRY: NARA
- Marine life not affected by Port City Project
- Colombo Int’l Financial City work in progress
- Tax exemptions for CHEC Port City project
- Prime Minister endorses Port City
- Mark Mobius shares his mantra for Sri Lanka
- SL contemplates standby agreement with IMF-PM
- Western Region Megapolis Plan to be unveiled in Jan 2016
- Sri Lanka's Prime Minister shows green light for port city after long haul back
- Port City To Be Expanded
- Port city project will resume under new agreement
- China, India and Hong Kong top investors in Sri Lankan real estate- Lamudi