In The Press
Parliament approves several orders under Strategic Development Projects Act:To grant tax exemptions to Port City Project
Parliament yesterday, approved several Orders under the Strategic Development Projects Act to grant tax exemptions to the International Financial City (Port City Project) in Colombo and a Mixed Development Project in an eight acre land in Slave Island.
The orders were moved for debate by Strategic Development and International Trade Minister Malik Samarawickrema, but those were put off at the end of the debate.
The orders were placed before the House again yesterday and passed without a vote. Parliament also passed the Engineering Council Bill with amendments. Power and Renewable Energy Minister Ranjith Siyambalapitiya moved the Bill for debate and amendments to it were read out by Minister Patali Champika Ranawaka at the Committee Stage, keeping with the Supreme Court Order.
UPFA MP Kanaka Herath also proposed some amendments, but those were not accommodated by the Government.
- Ranil determined despite looming external shocks
- Taking a break
- Port City facilitates workshop to improve fisher folk’s income
- Fast-changing Colombo landscape
- Science is the best outpost for attack or defense Port City Project
- MPs on inspection tour of Port City site and dredger
- Extra land for public use
- Parliament approves several orders under Strategic Development Projects Act:To grant tax exemptions to Port City Project
- New Laws for Port City – Malik Samarawickrama
- Economists, Experts Air Their Views : Port City Project
- Colombo Financial City Project: NO IMPACT ON FISHERIES INDUSTRY: NARA
- Marine life not affected by Port City Project
- Colombo Int’l Financial City work in progress
- Tax exemptions for CHEC Port City project
- Prime Minister endorses Port City
- Mark Mobius shares his mantra for Sri Lanka
- SL contemplates standby agreement with IMF-PM
- Western Region Megapolis Plan to be unveiled in Jan 2016
- Sri Lanka's Prime Minister shows green light for port city after long haul back
- Port City To Be Expanded
- Port city project will resume under new agreement
- China, India and Hong Kong top investors in Sri Lankan real estate- Lamudi